LeapDroid Android Emulator: The term LeapDroid seems to have acquired immense popularity. Do you have an idea about the term? It is basically an Android emulator consisting of innumerable features and benefits. Have you tried it out yet?
Do you know what is LeapDroid? Well, it is an Android emulator that plays Android apps on Windows PC. This Android emulator features top notch virtual machine technology in order to run the entire Android system smoothly inside the Windows, and at a very efficient level. Instantly, the PC gets transformed into a very powerful and high performing Android tablet. You can get more info about LeapDroid here.
- 1 The Step By Step Process Of Downloading And Installing The LeapDroid Android Emulator For PC Windows 10/8.1/8/7 And Mac Laptop:
What are the highlighting features?
- The memory sharing between the host and the VM offers ultra high performance
- LeapDroid is highly compatible, enabling 98% of the Android apps to run
- Accessibility of copy and paste of texts between the host and the VM
- Multiple support
- Support for open GL
- ADB support
- File sharing between VM and the host
- Easy gesture mapping
- Host IME
- Audio output and microphone input
What are the fundamental system requirements?
In order to use LeapDroid, your system needs to have the following basic requirements.
- Intel CPU or Dual AMD
- 2GB RAM is the minimum requirement, but 4GB RAM is suggested for better performance.
- 32/64 bit Windows 7 and above versions
- Open GL GPU of 2.1 and above
- Hard disk with free space of minimum 2GB
- Hardware Virtualization Technology enabled
- Hyper-V disabled usually for better efficiency in the performance it is recommended
How to find whether your system is virtualization technology enabled?
There are simple steps that can notify you. Let us have a look at them.
- You can identify and confirm the status of Vistualization in the Task Manager > Performance > CPU tab. This is exclusively for the users of Windows 8/8.1/10.
The image depicts the LeapDroid Android Emulator for Windows 8/8.1/10
- In case, you are a Windows 7 user, you need to run the Microsoft Hardware Assisted Virtualization Detection toll, follow the instructions given on the screen.
The Virtualization Technology can be enabled by visiting the BIOS of your system’s motherboard and click F2. In order to disable the same, you have to click on the Processor Configuration that is accessed from the Advanced option in the Menu bar.
The Step By Step Process Of Downloading And Installing The LeapDroid Android Emulator For PC Windows 10/8.1/8/7 And Mac Laptop:
- You can download LeapDroid on your system from its official website.
- Once the whole set of the emulator gets downloaded, you have to click on setup button to begin installation wizard.
- The installation of Leap Droid is expected to complete within minutes. After the completion of the installation, click on the Leap Droid icon and start the emulator.
- Once the emulator starts, they will ask you a question, whether you want to use the present or the existing one or create a newly Google Account. Depending on your requirements, you can choose anyone.
Have a look at the image below:
- Once you set up LeapDroid with the Google Account, you are all ready for using the Android Emulator.
The image depicts the LeapDroid for Windows/PC/Laptops (32 bit/64 bit)
Finding solutions to the shortcomings of LeapDroid:
As per the installation of the Android apps go, it can be installed either by using by the shortcuts or by using the Google Play Store that are often projected on the home-screens of the emulator with some of the popular and well recognized apps. In spite of some amazing features and benefits, LeapDroid still has some limitations, that hinders its development and progress.
It has been reported that the Latest LeapDroid version, 1.1.0 is now performing way better than its previous version, 1.0.0, by fixing certain bugs that has been bothering the functioning of the emulator. It is extremely vital to come up with effective solutions or fixes for the issues associated with the LeapDroid emulator.
What are the limitations reported for Leap Droid?
- Presently, LeapDropid can only function compatible with Windows. Hence, for the Linux and the MAC users, this is not a very good news.
- The APK’s of Android can be easily installed from Windows only via the Command Prompt. This is because the drag and drop installation of APK feature is yet not available with the LeapDroid Android Emulator.
So, that is all about the Leapdroid Android Emulator and the main features of Leapdroid. Hope we explained all the steps in downloading procedure of Leapdroid for Windows 32/64 bit Computers. Do comment below if you have any queries on installing Leapdroid Android Emualtor For PC On Windows Operating System.